Could it be that Bob's family is... DEAD?! Probably not, but fan theories are just part of chronicling an obsession as we talk with Bob's Burgers experts Jen and Briddany about fans of, well, Bob's Burgers!
Next week, a blue streak speed by... what fandom could we be talking about to wrap-up the season?
## Where can I learn more about Pod's Burgers?
If you want to know more about Jen and Briddany's "podcast chronicling an obsession", you're in luck!
- [Pod's Burgers on iTunes](https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/pods-burgers-podcast-chronicling-bobs-burgers-obsession/id1328949899?mt=2)
- [Pod's Burgers on Stitcher](https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/pods-burgers)
- [The Pod's Burgers Website](https://www.podsburgers.com/)
- [@podsburgers on Instagram](https://www.instagram.com/podsburgers/)
- [@podsburgers on Facebook](https://www.facebook.com/podsburgers/)
## Episode outline
### Fandom Facts
**History and Origins:**
> Bob's Burgers is an American animated sitcom created by Loren Bouchard that premiered on Fox on January 9, 2011. The series centers on the Belcher family - parents Bob and Linda, and their children Tina, Gene, and Louise - who run a hamburger restaurant. The show was conceived by Bouchard after he developed Home Movies. It is produced and distributed in association with 20th Century Fox Television.
> In 2013, TV Guide ranked Bob's Burgers as one of the top 60 Greatest TV Cartoons of All Time. The series has been nominated for several awards, including the Emmy Award for Outstanding Animated Program seven consecutive times, winning in 2014 and 2017.
> — [Wikipedia - Bob's Burgers](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob%27s_Burgers)
Based on Google Trends data, [_Bob's Burgers_ is probably more popular now than it ever has been](https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&q=Bob%27s%20Burgers) (though interest has leveled off a bit). There was a huge spike in interest in January 2011 (when the show premiered), and wasn't as popular again until around January 2014 (Possibly related to the release of the 3rd season on DVD, though that occurred in May 2014). The most interest in Bob's Burgers occurred around October 2017, which happens to correspond with the season eight premiere.
The top ten most popular countries for Bob's Burgers, by search volume, are: United States, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Ireland, United Kingdom, Sweden, South Africa, Norway, and Singapore.
- [// Big drop off between Canada (75) and Ireland (46) and United Kingdom (38) to Sweden (18)]: #
- FanFiction.net has [over 200 Bob's-Burgers-related fanfics](https://www.fanfiction.net/cartoon/Bob-s-Burgers/); Archive Of Our Own has [almost 200](https://archiveofourown.org/tags/Bob's%20Burgers%20(Cartoon)/works)
- Top 3 Categories: F/M (45%), Gen (31%), M/M (17%)
- Top 3 Characters: Louise (71%), Tina (61%), Bob (59%)
- Top 3 Pairings: Louise / Logan Bush (19%), Louise / Regular Sized Rudy (13%), Tina / Zeke (12%)
- According to some research of Nielson data via The Wrap, viewers of _Bob's Burgers_ are among the least wealthy of primetime TV watchers (median income of $48 800 USD annually). _Modern Family_ and _Parks and Recreation_ viewers were among the most wealth (median income of $81 000 USD annually). For reference, the US median income is just under $60k
- Bob is most likely less wealthy than fans of the show: [Fan's estimate his income to be about $44k](https://www.zippia.com/advice/bobs-burger-estimated-revenue/)
### [Last Episode's](http://fanthropological.com/e/368ee6999cc9fe/) Famous Last Words
Does anyone like Jimmy Pesto? Why?
- [// Def saw some stuff about him being the best villain; also a fun fan theory about him being gay and jealous of Bob]: #
How do the fans feel about most of the voice cast being men (even though the cast is fairly balanced)?
- [//Lots of criticism of this, actually]: #
Do fans react to Larry Murphy becoming a main cast member?
How many folks tried Capoeira because of the show?
- [// Took a quick look at Capoeira on Google Trends... it is way more popular. Don't appear to be any changes in popularity based on Bob's Burgers]: #
What if Tina was a DBZ character?
- [//Found some Fanart: Ginyu Force (Recoome), Another piece of fanart had her as young Gohan (Teddy is Piccolo)]: #
### This week's spotlight
**[The Bob's Burger Experiment](http://thebobsburgerexperiment.com/)**
> A cooking blog dedicated to Bob's Burger of the Day.
> I take the punderful name from Bob's Burger of the Day chalkboard, come up with a recipe for it, and make it. I haven't made a bad one yet (mostly).
**[Binging with Babish](https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJHA_jMfCvEnv-3kRjTCQXw)**
> Follow along with my torso every week as I recreate the iconic and obscure foods from you favorite movies and TV shows, all in dazzling 4K. We'll make some delicious dishes, have a little fun, and if you're not careful, you might just learn a thing or two.
- [// Plugs go here]: #
### Famous Last Words
This week's famous last words around *next week's* fandom, _Sonic the Hedgehog_!
What part of Sonic do folks latch onto? Is it that he goes fast? Is it the 90s?
How important is the music?
Sonic the Hedgehog has a mess of canon... but he loves chili dogs. Do chili dogs hold any particular significance to fans? Do they consume them in fan gatherings?
How do the fans feel about Sonic appearing in Wreck It Ralph? Is that him selling out?
What are the most favourite and least favourite of Sonic's sidekicks?
## Where can you find us online?
We are everywhere! Most notably though, we like to hang out in a few places on social media:
- If you want to be part of our podcast (or just want to check us out), we record our podcast LIVE on [twitch.tv](http://twitch.tv/thenickscast)!
- For all the latest updates, check us out on [Facebook](https://facebook.com/thenickscast) or [Twitter](https://twitter.com/thenickscast)
- To see the latest hijinx from our conventions or even our daily lives and adventures, check us out on [Instagram](https://instagram.com/thenickscast)
- For our latest convention updates and other in-real-life video, [check out our YouTube channel](http://youtube.com/thenickscast)
- Do you use [Spotify](https://open.spotify.com/show/2IVp8MBIUyCqlKyZn79iHn)? Well, we're on there too!
- We're also on [iTunes](https://itunes.apple.com/podcast/fanthropological/id1163621210), and [Google Play](https://play.google.com/music/m/Icmngxz7yhaoivdvivvf6q6c2pu?t=Fanthropological), and would love it if you could leave a review and rating!
- if you want to reach us, and for some reason none of those work for you, try [[email protected]
- You can check out [our website](http://thenickscast.com); that will mostly bring you back to this stuff.
- Everything is `thenickscast`, so if you can't find us, go on your social network and search for that!
## What is "Fanthropological"?
How did you read this far without asking this question?!
Fanthropological is an anthropological (ish) podcast where we bring the fan's-eye view to you! Each week, we take a look at a different fandom, dig up interesting background, trivia, and history, and try to get to why it is that people are a fan. We also try to highlight good causes related to that fandom, and find interesting things that fans have created to share those to the world. Each episode is about an hour. Ish.
## Who is "The Nickscast"?
*We* are the Nickscast! Three products of late-80s / early-90s pop culture who love exploring fandom and everything geek ... who also happen to have been best buddies since high school, and all happen to be named Nick. Yes, we are super creative (dare we say, the _most_ creative).
We are Nick Green, Nick Terwoord, and Nick Zacharewicz: We started the Nickscast as a labour of love, and as a place to entertain and to discuss our love of fans and fandom, and all that is shiny and interesting in that realm. It's what lead us to start our first podcast, our satellite podcasts, Fanthropological, and so much more.
We want to help others learn more about different fandoms, and to create empathy with other fans: We dream of a world where other fans aren't "those Weird-o's", but just folks with different tastes. A world where fandom is full of discourse and analysis, and there are plenty of tools and resources to help. Fans building communities to do good in the world. *Because everyone's a fan.*
- [Wikipedia - Bob's Burgers](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob%27s_Burgers)
- [Google Trends - Bob's Burgers](https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&q=Bob%27s%20Burgers)
- [Reddit - Bob's Burgers](https://old.reddit.com/r/BobsBurgers/)
- [FanFiction.net - Bob's Burgers](https://www.fanfiction.net/cartoon/Bob-s-Burgers/)
- [Archive Of Our Own - Bob's Burgers](https://archiveofourown.org/tags/Bob's%20Burgers%20(Cartoon)/works)
- [The Wrap - The Richest and Poorest Shows on Network TV - From ‘Modern Family’ to ‘Bob’s Burgers’](https://www.thewrap.com/rich-show-poor-show-thewrap-looks-highest-lowest-income-shows/)
- [Zippia - BOB’S BIG BURGER TROUBLE: ESTIMATING THE REVENUE AND PROFIT OF BOB’S BURGERS](https://www.zippia.com/advice/bobs-burger-estimated-revenue/)
- [CruxWorldWide - Stickers](http://www.cruxworldwide.com/stickers/)
- [r/FanTheories - [Bob's Burgers] Why Jimmy Pesto Hates Bob](https://www.reddit.com/r/FanTheories/comments/4ozhhe/bobs_burgers_why_jimmy_pesto_hates_bob/)
- [r/FanTheories - Bob’s Burgers is about Bob coping with the death of his family](https://www.reddit.com/r/FanTheories/comments/2c29cw/bobs_burgers_is_about_bob_coping_with_the_death/)
- [The Postgraduate Gender Research Network of Scotland - In Praise of Bob’s Burgers](https://pgrnscotland.wordpress.com/2017/11/22/in-praise-of-bobs-burgers/)
- [Buzzfeed - "Bob's Burgers" Is Making History With A Fan-Animated Episode And It's The Coolest Thing Ever](https://www.buzzfeed.com/alivelez/bobs-burgers-fan-art-for-the-win?utm_term=.vi7mOKklE#.dv1joLPyQ)
- [Facebook - The Bob’s Burgers Fan Club Public Group](https://www.facebook.com/groups/240654162932328/)
- [Fanlore - Bob’s Burgers](https://fanlore.org/wiki/Bob%27s_Burgers)
- [Huffpost - About That 'Bob's Burgers' Theory That Bob's Entire Family Is Dead](https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/bobs-burgers-fan-theory-family-is-dead_us_58bec496e4b0d8c45f468b34)
- [IndieWire - ‘Bob’s Burgers’ Creator Vows to Cast More Women in Future Seasons, Credits Kristen Schaal for the Push](https://www.indiewire.com/2018/07/bobs-burgers-cast-more-women-comic-con-2018-1201986298/)
- [Quora - Is Bob's Burgers as Popular as Family Guy?](https://www.quora.com/Is-Bobs-Burgers-as-popular-as-Family-Guy)
- [Quora - Is Bob's Burgers as Popular Now as The Simpson’s was at the Height of its Popularity?](https://www.quora.com/Is-Bobs-Burgers-as-popular-now-as-The-Simpson%E2%80%99s-was-at-the-height-of-its-popularity)
- [Quora - Why Are All the Female Characters in “Bob's Burgers” Performed by Males?](https://www.quora.com/Why-are-all-the-female-characters-in-%E2%80%9CBobs-Burgers%E2%80%9D-performed-by-males)
- [r/BobsBurgers - Bob's Burgers - The True Successor to The Simpsons](https://www.reddit.com/r/BobsBurgers/comments/3azqem/bobs_burgers_the_true_successor_to_the_simpsons/)
- [r/BobsBurgers - Bojack Horseman Helped Me Understand Why I Like Bob's Burgers So Much](https://www.reddit.com/r/BobsBurgers/comments/6xr8ik/bojack_horseman_helped_me_understand_why_i_like/)
- [r/BobsBurgers - Why Do You Love Bob’s Burgers?](https://www.reddit.com/r/BobsBurgers/comments/8k78gj/why_do_you_love_bobs_burgers/)
- [Ranker - 16 Bob's Burgers Fan Theories That Are Just Crazy Enough To Be True](https://www.ranker.com/list/bobs-burgers-fan-theories/mariel-loveland)
- [Taylor & Francis Online - Constructing a Feminist Icon through Erotic Friend Fiction: Millennial Feminism on Bob’s Burgers (Abstract)](https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/15295036.2017.1398831?scroll=top&needAccess=true)
- [The A.V. Club - Bob's Burgers Returns with a Little Help from its Fans](https://www.avclub.com/bobs-burgers-returns-with-a-little-help-from-its-fans-1819045168)
- [University of Chester - I’m (Not) A Girl: Animating Experiences of Girlhood in Bob’s Burgers (Abstract)](https://chesterrep.openrepository.com/handle/10034/621344)
- [Wichita State University - We're All Belchers: Finding a New American Family in the Animated World of Bob's Burgers (Abstract)](https://soar.wichita.edu/handle/10057/15057)
- [Wikipedia - Bob’s Burgers](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob's_Burgers)
### Music / Sound
- ["Stepping Outside To A Spring Day"](http://teknoaxe.com/Link_Code_4.php?q=1021&Genre=Comedy) by TeknoAXE used under [CC BY 4.0](https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
- All other music and sound for this week's episode were provided by Nick Green!